The phrase ‘how to lose weight’ is one of the most commonly searched terms in Google, and it’s no surprise given the obesity epidemic in America.
When someone searches for ‘how to lose weight,’ they’re almost always looking for an explanation or solution on how to lose fat. Losing weight is quite easy, but losing body fat, and keeping it off, is a more intricate process.
There are great, as well as horrendous, ways to go about this process. Some will leave you lean, strong and happy, while others will leave you hungry, famished, and prone to gaining the weight (and fat) back.
In this piece, I’m going to cover the following topics:
- How to lose weight (what is weight loss, really?)
- What fat loss is
- What causes fat loss to happen
- How to lose weight/fat fast (though not recommended)
- How to lose weight with fad diets (not the best idea)
- Can you eat junk food and still lose fat?
- My thoughts on IIFYM (if it fits your macros)
- The use of fat loss supplements
- Should you follow a specific meal plan?
- All about food combinations
- My preferred method for losing weight, torching body fat and keeping it off
What Is Weight Loss?
I understand the question seems simple, but it needs a definition and some explanation for further understanding. [Read more…]